You will have plenty of free time to go explore Split, take a stroll around your surroundings, catch the most important sites, interact with the locals or simply relax! And of course, you will have your weekends off as well!
Accommodation is dormitory at En Route Hostel; a very central hostel in Split. The 18- or 22-beds rooms are female only or mixed, and are huge (with a lot of privacy). Bedding and towels are provided (Small towels 45x80). Bathrooms are shared but separated by gender. There is free WiFi and lockers for storing belongings, and also a communal space with a TV, computers, games, etc.
En Route Hostel is very close to the center of the city. Around the corner is the restaurant where volunteers have meals. There are also plenty of other restaurants nearby. The hostel is also 12-15 min walk from a sandy beach. Right in front, there is a large supermarket that is open until 21:00 every day. The pharmacy, hospital, and laundromat are within walking distance.
Pick-up at the airport is included.
Transport between accommodation and volunteer project location is not included but local staff will accompany you to your project on your first day.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included (Local style. Vegetarian, gluten-free and meals for lactose-intolerant are also available upon request.) On Sundays and Mondays, the restaurant at the hostel closes early, which means you need to eat there before 17:00 or pack dinner for later. There is also a well-equipped kitchen in the hostel that is available to make your own meals.
- Arrival transfer from the international airport in Split to your accommodation
- Accommodation at a dormitory at a local hostel, max. 8 bed single gendered dormitory with private bathroom
- Three meals a day everyday: Breakfast, lunch and dinner (Local style. Vegetarian, gluten-free and meals for lactose-intolerant are also available upon request)
- Shared use of common room, outdoor area, garden, and free WIFI
- Orientation event on arrival (including introduction to Croatia and culture, volunteer experience, overview of programmes, practical information, safety guidelines)
- Responsible guided city tour (2 hours.)
- Free maps, city guides and the best tips to discover the city!
- Allocation and coordination of a work placement in a sustainable project and contact person in the project
- Introduction on the first day of volunteering
- Materials for the volunteer activities.
- All diving equipment necessary, SSI diving classes and instructors, SSI diving certifications appropriate to diving experience
- Ongoing support throughout the stay
- 24h/7 emergency support by phone or personally