Free yoga class every Friday at your hostel.
You will have plenty of free time to go explore Lisbon, take a stroll around your surroundings, catch the most important sites, interact with the locals or simply relax! And of course, you will have your weekends off as well!
Accommodation between May to end of September
Impact Beach House is the new volunteer accommodation by the beach. The place is beautiful and was specially designed to be the house of volunteers.
This house is located in Estoril and it's just 5 minutes from the beach, walking distance. It is super close to Estoril and S. João do Estoril train stations, and it is approx. 1 hour train ride from the city center of Lisbon. The house is also closer to most projects and some are even within walking distance. It has 10 rooms and there will be female and male rooms. There is an amazing outdoor terrace and a fully equipped kitchen. Wi-Fi is available everywhere, private storage is available, and the beds offer more privacy.
Accommodation between October to end of April
Impact House is a hostel committed to sustainability, which offers dormitories and private double rooms, with free WiFi and access to shared bathroom facilities. The communal facilities include a spacious living area, a beautiful garden and a vegetables garden, big outdoor area, swimming pool, dining room as well as activities room - where there is a free yoga class every Friday. A continental breakfast is served daily and is free to all guests. Homemade lunch and dinner (with vegetarian options) are available every day. Impact House welcomes the local community to participate in events and use the hostel facilities, this gives the locals and volunteers a unique chance to mix and share ideas. Impact House is located 2,5km from the touristic area of Belém which is a great choice for travellers interested in local food, culture, city walks and sightseeing.
Pick-up at the airport is included.
Transport between accommodation and volunteer project location is not included. Volunteers take the train to Cascais in the morning and return around lunch time. The train costs around EUR 5/ day, but if you stay longer than 2 weeks, it is worth getting a monthly pass.
Three meals a day, everyday served at your accommodation: breakfast, lunch and dinner (Local style. Vegetarian, gluten-free and meals for lactose-intolerant are also available upon request.) If you prefer, in the morning you can grab a “packed lunch” to have in the city or at your placement, as long as you request it the day before.
- Three meals a day, everyday: breakast, lunch and dinner (Vegetarian, gluten-free and meals for lactose-intolerant are also available upon request.)
- Pick-up at the airport and transfer to the accommodation (On the Sunday prior to an Introduction Day)
- Allocation to a non-profit and placement coordination on the first day of volunteering
- Responsible guided city tour (2 hours) SIM card, maps and the best tips to discover the city
- All the professional diving equipment you need for the project
- Diving classes and instructors
- Support 24/7
- All volunteers complete internationally recognized SSI (Scuba Schools International) diving certifications. The diving certification you complete will depend on your current diving experience and certifications and the length of your stay. The courses range from Open Water Diver to Scuba Diver.