Wat is inbegrepen?
Join us to discover one of the Top End’s most beautiful attractions, Nitmiluk National Park. Heading out of topical Darwin in the morning we travel south along the famous Stuart Highway through the townships of Adelaide River and Pine Creek towards Katherine. Take in unlimited flora and fauna, endemic to this wonderful region of the Northern Territory and relax as your guide provides historical and cultural commentary throughout your journey. A must-see inclusion in your day is the NitNit Dreaming two-hour Katherine Gorge (Nitmiluk) boat cruise where you will journey through the middle of cliff faces 70m high with the sun’s natural lighting providing ever-changing colours throughout the landscape and rock formations. Soak in the authentic culture and stories of the traditional owners of the land, the Jawoyn people of Katherine as you are guided through this wonderful area before you disembark and we make our way to the picturesque Edith Falls (Leliyn) region *subject to boat cruise timing, Edith Falls (Leliyn) will be visited either prior to or after the Katherine Gorge (Nitmiluk) boat cruise. Subject to seasonality and conditions, feel free to take a refreshing dip in the huge natural plunge pool of Edith Falls (Leliyn) or simply relax and take in your surroundings, as it’s then time to meander our way back through the townships of Pine Creek and Adelaide River on the route and enjoy the remainder of your evening in Darwin.
Meals: n/a Driving Distance: 820kms Walking Distance: 500m
*Autopia Tours reserves the right to alter the route or itinerary schedule to adapt to seasonal changes and occasionally spots in the parks close or do not allow swimming. As safety is our top priority we plan accordingly to ensure our guests have the most fun and best experience possible while on tour.
- Enjoy the stunning views of Katherine Gorge (Nitmiluk) on a boat cruise surrounded by breathtaking high cliffs
- Explore the amazing Nitmiluk National Park and of the Jawoyn people a region spanning more than 292,000 hectares
- Meander through the Nitmiluk Visitor Centre with cultural displays and information, souvenirs and refreshments
- Support local by purchasing breakfast and/or lunch refreshments in Adelaide River, Pine Creek or at the Nitmiluk Visitor Centre
- Enjoy a refreshing dip in the tranquil tiered plunge pools at Edith Falls (Leliyn) *swimming is subject to seasonality
- A must-do day trip when visiting the Top End!