Wat is inbegrepen?
We depart Hobart heading east then following the coastline north. We travel through the seaside towns of Orford and Swansea as we make our way to Freycinet National Park. Freycinet is one of Tasmania’s first National Parks, famous for its rich and stunning coastal landscapes. Pink Granite Mountains form the backdrop for secluded bays, pristine waters, white sandy beaches, local wildlife and amazing walking trails.
As we enter the Freycinet peninsula, we have a brief stop at the Freycinet Marine Farm for anyone interested in the local oysters and mussels fresh from the surrounding waters.
We walk as a group to the Wineglass Bay Lookout, this is a moderate uphill walk of around 45 minutes. Once at the top you are rewarded with that world famous view of Wineglass Bay and the stunning Freycinet National Park. Enjoy the moment, take in the views and let our guides help you with those sought after photographs. The walk to Wineglass Bay Lookout is one of the Great Short Walks of Tasmania and requires good mobility and adequate fitness. It is 1.3 km uphill, before returning downhill.
From the Lookout you have the option to return to the start of the walk with our tour guide, or for the keen walkers you can choose to spend the rest of your time completing the walk down to Wineglass beach.
Wineglass Bay Beach Walk – This is a 2.5 hr return walk and adequate fitness is required. Our tour has ample time for you to do the full walk to Wineglass Bay Beach and return. Once on the beach you can enjoy your lunch in this stunning setting, jump in the pristine waters for a swim, or wander along the white sands. This is one of the most rewarding walks in Tasmania to a stunning location.
If you prefer to select the shorter walking option, then we return from the Lookout with our Tour Guide and explore other areas of Freycinet National Park. Visit Honeymoon Bay, Sleepy Bay, Cape Tourville Lighthouse & Great Short Walk.
After a very full 4 – 5 hours at Freycinet National Park we begin the trip back to Hobart.
We have a short stop to see the local highlight, convict built Spikey Bridge and an opportunity to refuel and refresh at an east coast cafe, indulge in some local Tasmanian hand crafted ice-cream before continuing the return drive to Hobart.
We return to your Hobart City accommodation around 6.00 - 6.30pm
(Airport Drop Offs around 6.00pm – available only with arrangement at time of booking)
- Explore Freycinet National Park (4+ hours)
- Walk to the spectacular Wineglass Bay Lookout (moderate uphill walk 45 mins)
- Choose the option to extend your walk to the white sands of Wineglass Bay (longer walking option 2.5 hours)
- Visit the highlights of Freycinet National Park - Honeymoon Bay & Sleepy Bay
- Take in the spectacular 360 degree views on the Cape Tourville Lighthouse Walk (easy 20 mins)
- Enjoy some fresh oysters at Freycinet Marine Farm
- Reward yourself with a local Tasmanian Hand crafted Ice Cream!
- Check out the unusual convict built Spiky Bridge
- National Park entrance fee
- Professional guides & interpretative walks
- Small, friendly groups
- Central Hobart Hotel & Backpacker Hostel pick up and drop off
- Airport drop offs on request with prior arrangement
- Food and drinks
You may bring your lunch with you or we will stop to give you an opportunity to purchase a bakery style takeaway lunch on the day.
What to bring/wear
- Sensible shoes for walking
- A variety of warm & weatherproof clothing
- Hat & Sunscreen
- Large water bottle, snacks, lunch (or buy it on the day)
- Sense of adventure
Our tours are active and visit National Parks and wild areas that involve some walking. We focus on the great short walks of Tasmania. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is essential. All tour participants will be participating in outdoor, active activities and therefore subject to the outdoor weather conditions of the day.
We educate all our guests on Minimal Impact Bushwalking and the Leave No Trace policy’s before entering our National Parks. We provide accurate interpretation and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimise negative impacts.
- Freycinet National Park (4+ hours)
- Wineglass Bay Lookout walk
- Honeymoon Bay
- Sleepy Bay lookout
- Cape Tourville Lighthouse & walk
- Optional longer walk to Wineglass Bay Beach
- Afternoon break at Devil's Corner Winery site