Wat is inbegrepen?
Discover the best of K'gari (Fraser Island) on a curated two-day adventure with the local experts. See the iconic attractions of Lake McKenzie, 75 Mile Beach, and the Maheno shipwreck PLUS have time to swim at the northern Champagne Pools and hike across an ancient sandblow into the emerald green oasis of Lake Wabby.
You’ll explore the world’s largest sand island from the comfort of a custom-built 4WD coach, as you learn about the ecology, wildlife, and history of this special place.
The local Butchulla custodians call the island “K’gari”, which means paradise, and once you arrive, you’ll soon see why…
- Lake McKenzie - K'gari's most iconic swimming spot - relax along the pristine white silica shore and immerse yourself in the crystal-clear fresh water.
- Central Station - admire the towering trees growing from sand and explore the rainforest boardwalk.
- Pile Valley - wander through the subtropical rainforest and marvel at the centuries-old Satinay trees and towering palms.
- 75 Mile Beach - cruise K'gari's beach highway and join Air Fraser for a scenic joy flight over the island (optional extra).
- Eli Creek - wade through the shallow waters or float downstream towards the Coral Sea!
- Maheno Shipwreck - visit the famous rustic ruins that were once a luxury cruise liner. Washed ashore in 1935 it is now a photographer's paradise!
- The Pinnacles Coloured Sands – be amazed by these spectacularly technicoloured sand cliffs and the Dreamtime tale of how they were formed.
- Indian Head – as the most easterly point of the island, marine life such as turtles and rays are often spotted in the waters around the base of this rocky headland.
- Champagne Pools – experience this amazing natural jacuzzi, as crashing waves meet the volcanic rock pools along the shore.
- Lake Wabby - trek across Hammerstone Sandblow with your expert guide and be rewarded with a dip in this emerald-green freshwater oasis.