The local payment is included in the pass price.
Moose trips are all about the adventure, and Canada is one of the best countries in the world for adventure activities! There are both free and included activities as well as activities that require an extra payment. The Moose guides will help you book optional activities for you as well as make sure you get there and back. The approximate prices are in CAD and paid directly either to your Moose guide or the activity operator.
Optional activities for the Caribou pass:
Lake Kayaking (2 hrs) $60
Banff Gondola $67
White Water Rafting From $130
Upper Hot Springs Pool $8
Horseback Riding (13 hrs) From $72
Helicopter Ride (1230 mins) From $121Mountain Bike Rental From $36
Icefield Snowcoach From $90
Glacier SkyWalk From $31
Wildlife Spotting Free
On our jump on, jump off passes accommodation is pre-reserved for you while en-route. You can simply pay for the cost of your overnights directly to the hostel upon checking in (unless you have purchased an optional accommodation package). This means that you are guaranteed a dormitory-style bed every night when arriving in a new destination. If there is a mandatory 2-night stop in any destination, you will have a bed reserved for 2 nights.
You can, of course, arrange your own accommodation if you wish. In any case we offer door-to-door transportation, as in picking you up and dropping you off at the hostel or hotel of your choice.
PLEASE NOTE: You must book your own accommodation under the following circumstances:
- All nights prior to your trip
- All nights in Vancouver after your trip (tours ending in Banff will have 1 night reserved)
- Any extra nights that the you spend in a destination, that is, if you jump off the bus
- If you want a private room or non-dormitory room
- If you wish to stay in a hotel or any other facility except where Moose has reserved beds.
Moose vehicles include modern 24-seat coaches and 11-seat passenger vans that provide safe and comfortable transportation through cities and wilderness alike.
Many of our trips include some meals which you can find listed in the introduction under "What's included". We also make regular stops at local grocery stores for you to purchase your own supplies (most hostels have cooking facilities), and our trip leaders often organise group meals, both of which save you money.
WHY TRAVEL WITH MOOSE?
Moose, with extensive experience since 1997, is your expert on Canada, the second largest country in the world.
- We offer great value compared to hiring a car or other transportation options. Our trips start at CAD $50/day.
- Our tours and the scenic and adventure stops are designed to show you all of Canada - from the bustling cities to quiet lakes and waterfalls in the wilderness. We get "off the beaten path" where other companies don’t venture.
- Loads of optional adventure activities, such as jet boating, bungee jumping, kayaking and whale watching to name just a few
- Pre-reserved accommodation en-route
- Jump on, jump off flexibility
- We have negotiated discounts on activities, attractions, accommodation and even meals en-route for you to save money.
- Small groups where clients will be travelling with like-minded people from around the globe
- Door-to-door service from many hostels and hostels for convenience
- Canadian drivers and guides who are passionate about this country and can offer you a local perspective.
- Will I have to reconfirm my departure date?
Seat reservations are subject to availability and are confirmed on a first come first served basis. Contact our office at least 7 days prior to your preferred departure date to start your pass. To jump off the bus, you must contact us by 6pm at the latest the night before you are scheduled to depart on any sector to change your itinerary. Failure to do so may result in a CAD $50 reinstatement fee.
- Can I hop on and off the bus for longer stopovers at the destinations?
On the jump on, jump off tours Moose offers you the flexibility to create your own itinerary based on what you want to see and do. You can even take up to six months to complete the route.
- Is there an age limit?
No. Most of our travellers are between 18-35, but anyone is welcome. Travellers should be adventurous, independent and accustomed to staying at hostels and/or campgrounds.
- What should I bring?
Bring clothes for a variety of weather. Summer temperatures can range from a high of 35'C to a cool 0'C in the mountains in the evening. Good trainers or light hiking boots are also recommended. Sleeping bags are not essential. Bring your camera and an attitude ready for fun and adventure!
- How much money should I budget for my trip?
Most of your budget will be spent on the following three areas: accommodation (approximately CAD $18-$35 per night), food (approximately CAD $15-$34 per day), activities (anywhere from CAD $50-$215).
- Is it ok if I travel alone?
Yes! Most of our passengers travel alone, but you’ll find couples and small groups on the trip as well. There is no single supplement on any Moose tour.
- If I jump off the bus at some point, when can I get back on?
We guarantee a minimum of two departures a week, and often daily in peak season. Please check the timetable for departures.